Cleaning & Maintenance
Schonbach products do the cleaning for you, but they still benefit from occasional maintenance to ensure that they are kept at full working capacity.
- Check the bag regularly and replace it when it is full.
- Clean the brush roll and lubricate the bearings around it. The brush roll is mostly located under the cleaner, especially across the bottom. Clean it with a hairbrush, scissors, or soft cloth. Then, spin it on its axle to ascertain if it spins freely. After that, lubricate the bearings and then put it back into place.
- Check the belt to ensure it’s not too stretched out. If the belt is worn out or showing signs of wear, replace it with a new one.
- Clean away any accumulation of dust or debris around the air passages.
- Clean and replace any filters on the vacuum cleaner.
- Check the hoses for clogs and obstruction. A broomstick could be used to push out the debris.
FOR AIR PURIFIER
- Regularly inspect power cord for fraying.
- If applicable, change filter when it shows signs of wear.
- Clean external dust and debris away from vents leading in or out.
- Use brooms to occasionally sweep dust away from openings.
FOR GARBAGE CHUTES
- Bag garbage prior to disposal.
- Occasionally flush with water.
- Clean and sanitize garbage intakes occasionally.
- Check chute for refuse or odor.
FOR FOOD AND WASTE DISPOSAL UNIT
- Do not grind grease or non-found objects.
- Check power cords for signs of wear.
- Occasionally run with water.
- Ensure that pipes are fitted tightly every couple of months.
- Ask an engineer for more advice on maintenance.